We understand the difficulties associated with healthcare reimbursements, so we would like to help our clients navigate our billing processes and procedures with ease and clarity. Please continue to read on and learn about each billing option in detail.
We offer multiple billing options:
- Institutional/Entity Billing
- All referral laboratories and/or facilities that choose this billing option will automatically be entered into our billing data system as an established account. (Samples will be stabilized and held for all past due accounts reflecting a 90-day or greater balance. Testing will not be performed until overdue payment is received. Your laboratory, upon receipt of sample, will be notified of this delay if applicable.)
- Invoices are generated after each test is completed, unless otherwise requested by the client. We have a 30-day remittance policy from the date of the invoice for receiving payments. If a purchase order number is necessary to ensure timely payment, please provide us with that information at the time of sample submission.
- We DO NOT offer discounts. Any price adjustments are arranged, directly, by the Molecular Director.
- A completed test requisition form with the “institution section” clearly marked/stamped is necessary in order for testing of sample to be initiated.
- Check/money order made payable to: The University of Chicago Genetics Services for the agreed to amount of the test (listed prices are found on our website (www.dnatesting.uchicago.edu).
- Valid credit card information with an authorized signature and CVC (credit verification code).
- Wire transfers can be received for genetic testing services (please see our billing information page for details).
- A completed test requisition form with the “self-pay section” clearly marked is necessary in order for testing of sample to be initiated.
- The University of Chicago Genetics Services Laboratories accepts most insurance plans, with the exception of Illinois and out-of-state Medicaid. Please note that we do not bill insurance for ASPM, MLL2, or NSD1 sequencing, the CdLS Tier 3: SMC3, RAD21, HDAC8 sequencing, or any of our next generation sequencing gene panels.
- A listing of our contracted insurance plans can be found at (http://www.uchospitals.edu/billing/managed-care.html).
- All paperwork and required authorization(s) must be submitted at the time of sample submission. Testing of sample will not be initiated, if the following information is not received:
- Indication(s) and/or appropriate ICD-9 codes ARE REQUIRED for billing and results interpretation purposes
- Completed Genetics Services Laboratories Requisition with patient signature
- Guarantor’s date of birth
- A legible photocopy (front & back) of patient’s insurance card
- Authorization letter and/or number (if applicable)
- Medicare is accepted. Please submit a legible photocopy (front & back) of member’s card.
If you should have questions regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact our billing department at 773-834-8220 or via email: email@example.com .