Institutional/Entity Billing Option
- All referral laboratories and/or facilities that choose this billing option will automatically be entered into our billing data system as an established account. (Please be advised: All invoices reflecting a greater than 90-day balance, testing of sample will not be initiated until account balances are resolved. Your laboratory will be notified when such action is taken.)
- Invoices are generated after each test is completed, unless otherwise requested by the client. We have a 30-day remittance policy from the date of the invoice for receiving payments. If a purchase order number is necessary to ensure timely payment, please provide us with that information at the time of sample submission.
- We DO NOT offer discounts. Any price adjustments are arranged, directly, by the Molecular Director.
- A completed test requisition form with the “institution section” clearly marked/stamped is necessary in order for testing of sample to be initiated.
- Check/money order made payable to: The University of Chicago Genetics Services for the agreed to amount of the test.
- We accept all major credit cards Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover. To pay by credit card, a credit card authorization form should be either emailed or faxed to us. Due to University PCI requirements, upon receipt of your form, we will call the contact person provided to obtain your credit card number.
- We accept wire transfers, which should be sent to the account listed below. Please contact our billing department to notify us if a wire transfer is being sent.
- Bank Name: The Northern Trust Bank, 50 S. LaSalle Street Chicago, IL 60675
- ABA/Routing No.: 071000152;
- International Swift Code: CNORUS44;
- Wire Account No.: 28509
- A completed test requisition form with the “self-pay section” clearly marked is necessary in order for testing of sample to be initiated.
- The University of Chicago Genetics Services Laboratories accepts most insurance plans, with the exception of Illinois and out-of-state Medicaid. However, direct insurance billing is not offered for all of our tests - please consult our "quick guide to tests, prices and CPT codes" above or contact us for more details.
- All paperwork and required authorization(s) must be submitted at the time of sample submission. Testing of sample will not be initiated, if the following information is not received:
- Indication(s) and/or appropriate ICD-10 codes ARE REQUIRED for billing and results interpretation purposes
- Completed Genetics Services Laboratories Requisition with patient signature
- Guarantor’s date of birth
- A legible photocopy (front & back) of patient’s insurance card
- Authorization letter and/or number (if applicable)
- A listing of our CONTRACTED insurance plans can be found at http://www.uchospitals.edu/billing/managed-care.html
- Our Tax Identification Number (Tax ID#) is 36-2177139, and our National Provider Identification (NPI#): 1669595872