- All samples should be shipped via overnight delivery at room temperature.
- We do not accept weekend or holiday deliveries. If a blood sample is drawn on a Friday, please refrigerate the specimen over the weekend and ship on the following Monday (overnight at room temperature).
- Label each specimen with the patient’s name, date of birth and date sample collected.
- Please send specimens with completed requisition form. Specimen processing may be delayed if incorrect or incomplete paperwork is received.
- Specimen requirements: 3-10cc blood in an EDTA (purple top) tube (unless otherwise indicated). Specimen requirements for DNA samples vary by test. NOTE: for hereditary cancer testing for patients with hematological malignancies, blood samples are not accepted - 2 X T-25 flasks of cultured skin fibroblasts is recommended instead. Please contact the laboratory for more information.
- Prenatal tests: 20cc amniotic fluid, 20mgs chorionic villi, or 2 T25 flasks of cultured cells (please label cells on side of flask, not top or bottom). Please note we are unable to do prenatal testing on direct CVS samples. We recommend sending cultured cells instead. If a direct CVS sample is received we will culture it prior to analysis, which adds 2 weeks to the advertised turnaround time.
- Direct testing on Amniotic Fluid: Often, we can isolate DNA directly from amniotic fluid for molecular testing. For single mutation testing, we request 5cc of amniotic fluid, and for deletion/duplicaton analysis, we request 7cc of amniotic fluid. Sometimes, we cannot get enough DNA and will need to request a back-up culture (2 T25 flasks). 5-7cc is not enough fluid to culture cells. All of the fluid is used for DNA isolation. Thus, we recommend that clients culture a back-up culture at their facility or elsewhere. If you would like us to set up a back-up culture here, we request 20cc of amniotic fluid total. Please indicate on the requisition form if no back-up culture is available.
- For all prenatal testing: please send 3-10cc of mother’s blood in an EDTA/purple top tube to rule out maternal cell contamination. There is no additional charge for MCC studies for prenatal cases.
|General Test Requisition Form|
|Exome Test Requisition Form|
|Ataxia Exome Panel Requisition Form|
|Hereditary Cancer Requisition Form|
|Endocrinology Requisition Form|
|List of Tests, Costs, TAT and CPT codes|
|Research Consent Form|
For Email Marketing you can trust