- All samples should be shipped via overnight delivery at room temperature, to the address provided on our requisition form.
- We do not accept weekend or holiday deliveries. If a blood sample is drawn on a Friday, please refrigerate the specimen over the weekend and ship on the following Monday (overnight at room temperature).
- Label each specimen with the patient’s name, date of birth and date of sample collection.
- Please send specimens with completed requisition form. Specimen processing may be delayed if incorrect or incomplete paperwork is received.
- Specimen requirements: 3-10cc blood in an EDTA (purple top) tube (unless otherwise indicated). Specimen requirements for DNA samples vary by test. NOTE: for hereditary cancer testing for patients with hematological malignancies, blood samples are not accepted - 2 X T-25 flasks of cultured skin fibroblasts is recommended instead. Please contact the laboratory for more information.
- Prenatal tests: 5-7cc amniotic fluid (or 20cc if no back-up culture available), 25-30mg chorionic villi, or 2 T25 flasks of cultured cells (please label cells on side of flask, not top or bottom).
- Direct testing on Amniotic Fluid or Chorionic Villi: For targeted mutation analysis, testing can typically be performed on DNA isolated directly from amniotic fluid or chorionic villi, however sometimes we cannot get enough DNA from the direct sample and in these situations a back-up culture will be requested (2 T25 flasks). For amniotic fluid or chorionic villi samples we will use all the sample for DNA isolation, and will not set up a back up culture as standard. Thus, we recommend that clients start a back-up culture at their facility or elsewhere. If your institution is unable to set up a back-up culture and you would like us to set up a culture here instead, please contact us prior to sending the sample to discuss specimen requirements.
- For all prenatal testing: please send 3-10cc of mother’s blood in an EDTA/purple top tube to rule out maternal cell contamination. There is no additional charge for MCC studies for prenatal cases.
|General Test Requisition Form|
|Exome Test Requisition Form|
|Ataxia Exome Panel Requisition Form|
|Hereditary Cancer Requisition Form|
|Endocrinology Requisition Form|
|List of Tests, Costs, TAT and CPT codes|
|Research Consent Form|
For Email Marketing you can trust